Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Jean Batten

1) Jean was born in 1909 and died in 1982.
2) She flew solo England to Brazil in 61 hours (world record).
3) Shes a female pilot. 
4) Jean flew solo from Rotorua to New Zealand.
5) The Maori named for her is Hine-o- te-rangi the daughter of the skies.
6) In 1934 she went from England to Australia in 14 days and 22 hours and 30 minutes it was her third try she crashed 2x before.
7) In 1934 she was the first woman to fly solo across the world it was 11 days and 45 minutes. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi zara these facts are really interesting. I really like the way that you have ordered the facts starting from 1 to 7. It reminds me of writing out facts in my literacy book for reading. Maybe next time you add why Jean batten. what age did she die?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I like all the facts you did. Maybe next time you could do more photos? Who will you do next?

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.