Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Early settler life

 27 July 1860

The ship ride to New Zealand was uncomfortable because I had no space. We almost ran out of food but luckily we got there in time.

The jobs on the farm are things like washing, hunting, fishing and making things like soap.  In most house holds here the women do the inside jobs and the men do the outside ones but on small farms sometimes the men and women do both the inside and the outside jobs.

I really miss you I hope I see you again. Are things still the same? I was wondering if anything had changed since I left? Sometimes I have night mares something bad happens to you. I am not sure I like it here anymore.

School is terrible here because everyone gets the strap there isn't really a way out of it. If the kids cry they will get the cane. It happens quite often. School is all's really hard and the teachers are really mean to them.

Sometimes things can be a boring because we have nothing fun to do. We sleep to try and have fun. Resting is what we all want at the end of the day.

By Zara


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.